Skip to main content

At least 33 civilians killed in Khartoum

1 min Mena Today

At least 33 civilians lost their lives in Khartoum on Thursday, with 23 of them killed in airstrikes carried out by the military.

The civil war has already claimed tens of thousands of lives © Mena Today 

The civil war has already claimed tens of thousands of lives © Mena Today 

At least 33 civilians lost their lives in Khartoum on Thursday, with 23 of them killed in airstrikes carried out by the military in a southeastern district of the capital, as reported by a pro-democracy lawyers' committee overnight from Thursday to Friday.

The committee had announced on Thursday that ten civilians had been killed in artillery exchanges in the southern outskirts of Khartoum, the capital of Sudan, which has been torn apart by a power struggle between two rival generals since April 15th.

Related

Morocco

Building collapse leaves several dead in Fez

At least nine people were killed and six others injured when a four-storey building collapsed overnight in the Moroccan city of Fez, about 200 kilometres (124 miles) east of Rabat, local authorities said on Thursday.

Libya

ICC says Libyan detainee ran brutal torture operations

 A 47-year-old suspect accused of overseeing one of the most notorious prisons in Libya was known as a ruthless torturer nicknamed "the angel of death" by detainees, prosecutors told judges at the International Criminal Court on Tuesday.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Mena banner 4

To make this website run properly and to improve your experience, we use cookies. For more detailed information, please check our Cookie Policy.

  • Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.