Israel
El Al returns to Moscow
El Al, Israel’s national carrier, announced on Thursday that it will resume direct flights to Moscow starting May 1, after concluding that the security risks in Russian airspace have sufficiently diminished.
Hamas official Osama Hamdan warned on Tuesday that if Israel's military aggression continues in Rafah, there will be no ceasefire deal.
Osama Hamdan, an official of the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas, speaks during a press conference, amid the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, in Beirut, Lebanon May 7, 2024. Reuters/Mohamed Azakir
Hamas official Osama Hamdan warned on Tuesday that if Israel's military aggression continues in Rafah, there will be no ceasefire deal.
Hamdan's comments were made during a press conference in Beirut as a delegation from Hamas, the group that runs the Gaza Strip, arrived in Cairo from Doha to continue ceasefire negotiations, a statement from the group said on Tuesday.
"We affirm that the military operation in Rafah, if carried out by Israel, will not be a picnic for the (Israeli) army," Hamdan said.
"The ball is in Netanyahu's court," he added, saying that the latest ceasefire proposal which Hamas agreed to "represents the minimum that responds to the demands of our people and our resistance."
Israeli forces seized the main border crossing between Egypt and southern Gaza earlier on Tuesday, shutting down a vital aid route into the Palestinian enclave that is already on the brink of famine.
"The Rafah crossing was and will remain a purely Egyptian-Palestinian crossing," Hamdan said.
Reporting by Laila Bassam and Muhammad Al Gebaly
El Al, Israel’s national carrier, announced on Thursday that it will resume direct flights to Moscow starting May 1, after concluding that the security risks in Russian airspace have sufficiently diminished.
The Israeli military is conducting an investigation into an incident in Gaza in which a number of emergency and aid workers were killed, a military spokesperson said on Thursday, while rejecting that the killings could be called an "execution".
Hungary's government has decided to withdraw from the International Criminal Court, it said on Thursday, shortly after Israeli leader Benjamin Netanyahu, sought under an ICC arrest warrant, arrived in the country for a state visit.
To make this website run properly and to improve your experience, we use cookies. For more detailed information, please check our Cookie Policy.
Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.