Skip to main content

No Gaza ceasefire talks for last 3/4 weeks, Qatar says

1 min Mena Today

Qatar's prime minister said on Wednesday that there had been no conversations or engagement with any parties for the last three to four weeks to secure a ceasefire in Gaza.

Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani © CNA

Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani © CNA

Qatar's prime minister said on Wednesday that there had been no conversations or engagement with any parties for the last three to four weeks to secure a ceasefire in Gaza.

"On the prospects of the negotiation ... basically in the last three to four weeks, there is no conversation or engagement at all, and we are just moving in the same circle with the silence from all parties," Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani told reporters at the end of a summit between the EU and GCC in Brussels.

Sheikh Mohammed, who is also foreign minister, has led mediation efforts for a ceasefire between Israel and Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas.

Reporting by John Irish and Phil Blenkinsop

Tags

Related

Gaza

The Gaza flotilla playbook: provoke, get arrested, claim abuse

The script was predictable. Within hours of their release, activists detained by Israel following the interception of the Gaza flotilla were making headlines across the world with allegations of mistreatment, sexual assault and rape. 

Qatar

Qatar joins diplomatic push for US-Iran breakthrough

A Qatari negotiating team arrived in Tehran on Friday in coordination with United States to try to help secure a deal to end the war with Iran and resolve outstanding issues, a source with knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Friday.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Mena banner 4

To make this website run properly and to improve your experience, we use cookies. For more detailed information, please check our Cookie Policy.

  • Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.