Skip to main content

Three killed in shooting at Israeli-Jordan valley crossing

1 min Mena Today

Israeli emergency services announced the deaths of three people in a shooting attack on Sunday at a crossing point between the Jordan Valley, in the West Bank, and Jordan.

Israeli police patrol the area near Allenby Bridge Crossing between the West Bank and Jordan following a shooting incident in the crossing in West Bank, September 8, 2024. Reuters/Ilan Rosenberg

Israeli police patrol the area near Allenby Bridge Crossing between the West Bank and Jordan following a shooting incident in the crossing in West Bank, September 8, 2024. Reuters/Ilan Rosenberg

Israeli emergency services announced the deaths of three people in a shooting attack on Sunday at a crossing point between the Jordan Valley, in the West Bank, and Jordan.

"After resuscitation efforts, MDA (Magen David Adom, the Israeli equivalent of the Red Cross) paramedics and medics pronounced the deaths of three men, approximately 50 years old, who had been shot," the rescue services stated in a press release.

In a separate statement, the Israeli police reported that the attacker had been "neutralized."

Jordan has closed the King Hussein bridge crossing with the West Bank as it investigates the shooting incident.

The incident occurred in a commercial cargo area under Israeli control where Jordanian trucks offload cargo entering the West Bank from the kingdom.

Reporting by Ari Rabinovitch

Related

Lebanon

Most Lebanese communities back peace with Israel

A new poll conducted between April 28 and May 5 reveals a striking picture of Lebanese public opinion on a potential peace agreement with Israel: across most of the country's major religious communities, support is either strong or majority, with one dramatic exception.

Gaza

Majority of the fleet was intercepted

The organisers of an aid flotilla bound for Gaza said on Tuesday Israeli forces had intercepted 41 of their boats in the eastern Mediterranean, with 10 vessels still sailing toward the enclave.

Gaza

Israeli forces intercept 39 Gaza aid boats, activists say

The organisers of a flotilla of aid vessels bound for Gaza said on Monday that Israeli forces had intercepted 39 of their boats in the eastern Mediterranean, while the remaining ships were continuing to sail toward the enclave.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Mena banner 4

To make this website run properly and to improve your experience, we use cookies. For more detailed information, please check our Cookie Policy.

  • Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.