Skip to main content

Israel prepares to enter Rafah and the fighting will last at least six weeks, report

1 min Mena Today

Egyptian officials told the Wall Street Journal that Israel is preparing to move civilians from Rafah to Khan Yunis and other areas, where it plans to set up tent shelters, food distribution centers, and medical facilities such as field hospitals. 

The Israeli army will deploy where the members of Hamas are located © Mena Today 

The Israeli army will deploy where the members of Hamas are located © Mena Today 

Egyptian officials told the Wall Street Journal that Israel is preparing to move civilians from Rafah to Khan Yunis and other areas, where it plans to set up tent shelters, food distribution centers, and medical facilities such as field hospitals. 

According to the sources, the civilian evacuation operation will last about two to three weeks in coordination with the United States, Egypt, and other Arab countries such as the United Arab Emirates. 

It was also reported that Israel plans to move forces to Rafah gradually and to focus on areas where it believes Hamas leaders and terrorists are hiding.

Tags

Related

Israel

Germany's Merz to visit Israel

German Chancellor Friedrich Merz will travel to Israel on December 6 and 7 for his first official visit since taking office, a German government spokesperson said on Friday.

Israel

Two years of war-four lessons so far

War simplifies and clarifies everything. When one’s own life or the very survival of family, friends and country is at stake, one learns to think quick and to act straight, to sweep away routine, clichés, and dead paradigms - and stick to fundamentals. 

Subscribe to our newsletter

Mena banner 4

To make this website run properly and to improve your experience, we use cookies. For more detailed information, please check our Cookie Policy.

  • Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.