Skip to main content

UAE blames Iran for missile attack

1 min Mena Today

The UAE's defense ministry said on Tuesday that it detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran against the Gulf country.

Dubai Marina, UAE © Mena Today 

Dubai Marina, UAE © Mena Today 

The UAE's defense ministry said on Tuesday that it detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran against the Gulf country.

It said one fell inside territorial waters, while another fell outside, and stressed the UAE's readiness to deal with any threats.

There was no immediate comment from Iran.

Earlier on Tuesday, the UAE's interior ministry sent a phone alert stating that the situation was safe and people should resume normal activities after an earlier alert warning of a missile threat.

By Mariam Al Mualla

Tags

Related

Lifestyle

Poland: The Gulf's new summer escape

Cool mountain air, five-star spas, halal restaurants and Arabic menus: this isn't Dubai or Doha in August. It's Poland, a country that has quietly become one of the Gulf's fastest-growing summer destinations.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Mena banner 4

To make this website run properly and to improve your experience, we use cookies. For more detailed information, please check our Cookie Policy.

  • Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.