United Arab Emirates
Emirates completes first three-class A380 retrofit
Emirates has reached a landmark in its fleet retrofit programme, completing the reconfiguration of its first two-class A380 into a three-cabin layout.
Australia said on Tuesday it had reached a trade deal with the United Arab Emirates that would remove tariffs for about 99% of Australian products, and resulting in savings of A$135 million ($91 million) in the first year.
The deal includes a framework to boost investment by Abu Dhabi in critical minerals, while the mining industry will benefit with tariff cuts on alumina exports, Farrell said in a statement © Mena Today
Australia said on Tuesday it had reached a trade deal with the United Arab Emirates that would remove tariffs for about 99% of Australian products, and resulting in savings of A$135 million ($91 million) in the first year.
The UAE is Australia's largest trade and investment partner in the Middle East with bilateral trade worth A$9.9 billion last year, while two-way investment totalled A$20.6 billion.
"Under this trade agreement, Aussie exports are expected to increase by A$678 million per year, but this deal means more for Australia than just numbers," Trade Minister Don Farrell said.
The deal includes a framework to boost investment by Abu Dhabi in critical minerals, while the mining industry will benefit with tariff cuts on alumina exports, Farrell said in a statement.
Australia's top exports to the UAE include meat, dairy, oil seeds, seafood, steel, canola seeds, nuts, honey, coal, chickpeas and lentils.
The deal is expected to become effective later this year.
The Australian Meat Industry Council welcomed the trade deal and said it would offer farmers greater access to a vital market for Australian beef, lamb, and goat meat.
($1 = 1.4817 Australian dollars)
Reporting by Renju Jose in Sydney
Emirates has reached a landmark in its fleet retrofit programme, completing the reconfiguration of its first two-class A380 into a three-cabin layout.
All 430 members of the Gaza-bound flotilla intercepted by the Israeli navy off Cyprus on Monday are now en route to Israel, the Israeli Foreign Ministry announced early Wednesday.
U.S. Vice President JD Vance said on Tuesday the United States and Iran have made a lot of progress in their talks and neither side wants to see a resumption of the military campaign.
To make this website run properly and to improve your experience, we use cookies. For more detailed information, please check our Cookie Policy.
Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.